By "personal information," we mean information that directly identifies you, such as your name, address, or email address. In this Policy, "we" and "our" means NOCTURNE Australia, and "you" means any person who visits our website or calls us on the phone.
Any changes we have made to this Policy can be found by visiting us online. When we do make changes, we will update, we will update the “Last Updated” date below. Where changes are viewed as more material, we may attempt to contact you, or we’ll post a notice (or a pop-up) on this website that we have made changes to this Policy.
- • What Information And Personal Data We Might Collect About You
- • How We May Use Your Personal Data
- • How Is Your Information Shared
- • What Choices Can You Make About Your Data
- • How Do We Protect Your Data
- • Contact Information
WHAT INFORMATION AND PERSONAL DATA WE MIGHT COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information that you provide
To handle your purchases, provide customer service, improve our products, provide in-person experiences or events, and send you information about our products, trends, and promotions, we may ask you to provide your:
- • Name
- • Mailing/shipping address
- • Billing address
- • E-mail address
- • Date of birth (m/y) or age range
- • Gender
- • Clothing size/fit information
- • Purchase/return/exchange information
- • Telephone number
- • Social media information (handles, profile picture, gender, age range)
- • Product reviews
- • Account or loyalty username/password
- • Payment information (credit/debit card)
If you choose not to provide certain information to us, you may not be able to complete a purchase, participate in an experience, or receive other services or information.
Information that we automatically collect from you
When you visit any of our websites or applications, we may automatically collect:
- • Device ID
- • Device type
- • Browser types and version
- • Geo-location and in-store location
- • IP Address
- • Your network activities when using our Wi-Fi
- • How you use our site (search terms, page views, referring sites, content views)
Other information we collect
We may collect information about you from activities related to Nocturne Australia’s parent company and/or affiliates or third parties like web hosting providers, analytics companies, social media platforms, data companies, and advertising services such as:
- • Demographic information
- • Shopping preferences
- • Information about your interests
The information that we obtain from social media platforms depends on your account and privacy settings within the platforms and the platforms privacy policies.
Some of the information above is collected on our websites through web browser cookies and other technologies (web beacons/gifs, pixels, page tags, script) that receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us or third parties that may direct you to our websites. We may use similar technologies to collect information when you use our applications. We use these tools for a variety of reasons, including to analyse and improve our websites and applications, or to remember your preferences and provide more personalized advertising.
Third party automated information collection and Interest-Based Advertising
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
- • To process your transactions and provide you with the products and services you request
- • To provide, maintain, protect, develop, and improve our websites, applications, and services
- • To improve your experience on our websites and applications, and in our stores
- • For customer service, including to respond to your inquiries and requests
- • To communicate with you about our and third-party products and services, in accordance with applicable laws and with your consent where required
- • To analyse and learn about consumer trends and interests
- • To learn about the devices, you use to access our websites, applications, and other online services
- • To personalize the content, you see on our websites and applications
- • To administer contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and other promotions
- • To maintain your reward or loyalty program memberships
- • To provide you with communications, recommendations, ads, and other information of interest to you, including via interest-based advertising based on your online activities on our websites, applications, and other online services
- • To maintain our community programs and focus groups
- • To protect our rights, as well as yours and others
- • To comply with our legal obligations
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
We may share your information with our third party service providers that work on our behalf, including by providing or fulfilling the products and services you request, authorizing and processing your payments, performing fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, marketing and promotional material distribution, website and application evaluation, data analysis, website improvements, and, where applicable, data cleansing, marketing, promotions and other services performed on our behalf or on behalf of our parent or affiliates.
In addition, we may share or transfer information about you to unrelated third parties:
- • when you engage in activities that are sponsored by third parties (e.g., cobranded offerings)
- • as required by law or a legal process, including investigating a potential crime
- • when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Nocturne Australia or other persons.
We may also share your data in the event of an actual or potential sale, merger, acquisition or transfer of our business or assets. We may use or share information that does not reasonably identify you with any third party and for any purpose.
WHAT CHOICES CAN YOU MAKE ABOUT YOUR DATA?
If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails or direct mail from Nocturne Australia, you can contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org. A request to opt-out may take three to five business days to take effect. Note, an opt-out request will not stop transactional emails to you, related to your purchases.
Accessing or Deleting your Data
If you would like to receive a copy of the personal data that Nocturne Australia has collected from or about you, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com. You will be asked to verify your identity via the process outlined on the form.
If you would like Nocturne Australia to delete your data, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org You may continue to receive advertisements for Nocturne Australia regarding our products. Those advertisements may be delivered to you based on your future interactions with us or based on the determination of our
business or advertising partners that you are a member of the desired audience for a campaign.
Sale of Personal Data
At Nocturne Australia, we do not share your personal data directly with third parties for their own marketing purposes in exchange for monetary consideration. However, as mentioned in this policy, we do engage in Interest-Based Advertising, where we allow third parties to place cookies, pixels, and trackers on our site to provide you with personalized ads.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect the information that we collect or receive, in addition to contractual safeguards. Our websites use an industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect your order information. Each payment transaction made through our websites and applications (or any successor or similar digital property) will be transmitted using SSL encryption. We review our security measures periodically. Despite these measures, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Fraudulent charges need to be raised with your financial institution.
Children’s Personal Information
Nocturne Australia is concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet. Our website is not directed to children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 13 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove their information, order, and all related personal data from our files. If a parent or guardian discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with information, we ask that they contact us at email@example.com.
HOW DO YOU CONTACT NOCTURNE AUSTRALIA?
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Nocturne Australia Privacy
Effective Date: 28/07/2020
Last Updated: 28/07/2020